Monday, September 30, 2013

[ 33 - 40 / 52 ]

バタバタしている (bata-bata shite iru) - To be busy

Working a true 9-to-5 over the summer was quite the experience. Even with a 90 minute commute each way, I found myself with so much time on my hands throughout the week. Though I like being busy at work, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the freedom a little.

Then school started up again and my calendar got completely overloaded. It's not that classes themselves are all that demanding, there's just a ton of things going on all the time. In any case, I kept putting off processing my 52 Weeks pictures week after week after week until suddenly I had almost two months worth piled up. The funny thing is that it really doesn't take long to process a picture; even the more involved ones usually take less than 10 minutes each. I do try to write a little back story behind each one (which I haven't done yet for this batch), but that doesn't really take all that long either. Guess I just have to be more dedicated to sitting down and taking care of business each week.

I'm really pleased with a lot of the shots I'm getting these days. I just watched a slideshow of my first 40 weeks and I really do think there are a lot of awesome pictures in there. I certainly throw out dozens of shots for every one I keep and even then not every single one is brilliant, but I think the general quality of these pictures is pretty damn high. Proof that you can learn anything if you do it often enough, I guess!

Week Thirty-Three: Little by Little
Week Thiry-

Week Thirty-Four: Clothes on Clothes on Clothes
Week Thiry-

Week Thirty-Five: Payment Details
Week Thiry-

Week Thirty-Six: When the Sky Caught Fire
Week Thiry-

Week Thirty-Seven: Another Star Glows in the Night
Week Thiry-

Week Thirty-Eight: A Lazy Sunset
Week Thiry-

Week Thirty-Nine: Look Into My Eyes
Week Thiry-

Week Forty: The Cold Light of Dawn
Week Thiry-

No comments:

Post a Comment