Tuesday, July 30, 2013

[ 29 / 52 ]

Week Twenty-Nine: SF Style Symphony
Week Twenty-Nine

The San Francisco played a free concert in Dolores Park a while back, which struck me as so perfectly San Francisco. When I think of the symphony, I usually think of people getting dressed up, of being ushered into velvet theater seats, of sitting quietly with the orchestra getting everyone's undivided attention. This was none of those things. It was San Franciscans laying out picnic blankets, day drinking and basking in the sun, with the symphony providing the soundtrack for the afternoon. It was wonderful.

As I was shooting pictures of the scene, a girl wearing bright blue sunglasses opened a super classic looking parasol  that glowed with the afternoon sun. I thought itt perfectly captured the spirit of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment