Tuesday, June 18, 2013

[ 24 / 52 ]

Week Twenty-Four: Seeing Color
Week Twenty-Four

I wasn't feeling particularly inspired by anything this week and ended up taking this picture a day late. Part of the reason that I decided to do this project in the first place is that it forces you to find interesting pictures in your everyday life. It makes you think more about what is around you. As I've been going through it, I find that more and more of the pictures I' take come from noticing something small and seemingly insignificant that I would normally have just overlooked.

This one is of the leaves on the bamboo that grows along side my driveway. There's nothing terribly spectacular about the plants themselves, but one day I noticed how many different shades of green they become when the sun hits it from a certain angle. I walked past that bamboo every day for nearly a year but had never really noticed it until then. I really enjoy finding little details in the world like that. They make everything so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment