Friday, February 21, 2014

[ 52 /52 ]

Week Fifty-Two: Just For A Moment
Week 52

Finally, the last picture of my 52 Weeks Project! I think there is something about the impermanence of a snowflake that makes it a great closing shot. All I try to do with my pictures is capture something special in a moment. This snowflake didn't last long after this shot, but in that moment it was beautiful.

I'm really proud of this project and the work I've done for it. Some weeks were harder than others, some pictures more inspired, but for an entire year I captured a piece of my world every single week and I am a  better photographer for it. I learned how much I love color. I discovered macro shots. I found out how long of a way to go I have when it comes to portraits, but also that I am able to make really powerful ones when I get it right. I took pictures of things I'd never shot (or even thought to shoot) before. I learned how to see beauty in the world around me.

I've decided not to do the project again in 2014 however. I want to see if I can continue to find the drive to capture beautiful shots without the requirement of the project. I want to challenge myself to see if I can internalize what I've learned over the past year without the external burden of a weekly deadline. My goal is to continue posting pictures from my life to this blog as I take them instead of on a set timeline. I'm excited to see what it yields.

For those who follow my posts, I hope I've created something that you enjoyed. I hope something I shot made you feel something. I hope I inspired you to pick up your own camera.

The complete collection of photos from the project can be found here on my flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment