Sunday, August 25, 2013

[ 32 / 52 ]

Week Thirty-Two: When The Light is Just Right
Week Thirty-Two

One of the cool things about doing this project is that, little by little, it is changing how I look at the world. So many of my pictures have come from spotting something interesting about a certain object or scene and exploring ways to capture that. Most weeks, I have to actively seek out those things, but they've been jumping out at me more often recently.

This week's shot came as I was working from home one afternoon and noticed the way the light coming through the blinds hit my bikes wheel at just the right angle to create a burst on the wall behind it. If I had been in this situation before starting this project, it probably wouldn't have caught my eye. I think there is something awesome about the way everything aligned just right to make this really cool scene, but it also would have been so easy to overlook it and completely the moment.

In one of my classes last year, we discussed the importance of being present. Most of us sort of coast through life, missing out on so much of the details. It's only when you are aware and engaged with the world around you, that is when you start to notice the small things and it's those little bits of life that are often the most beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment